Author: John Green
Out
of all the books I’ve read from all the different authors I have to say that
John Green along with Max Lucado are my absolute favorites. The way that John
Green writes really impacts the way I “see” the scene in my head. Green was
born in Indianapolis to his dad Mike and mom Sydney Green. Three weeks after he
was born, his family moved to Orlando, Florida. In 2000 he graduated from
Kenyon College with a double major in English and Religious Studies. After college
he spent five months working as a student chaplain in a children’s hospital. He
intended to become an Episcopal priest, but after working in the hospital with children
suffering from life-threatening illnesses inspired him to become an author,
and this later inspired the book The Fault in Our Stars.

Green lived in Chicago
where he worked for the book review journal Booklist
as a publishing assistant and production editor while writing Looking for
Alaska. He critiqued hundreds of books including books for The New York Times Book Review. Green
later lived in New York where his wife Sarah attended graduate school. Sarah
and John have two children; Henry and Alice as well as a puppy. Green has
stated that he is a Christian.
As of today, John Green
has written a total
of 4 books; Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, An
Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns. He has also accompanied David
Levithan in writing Will Grayson, Will Grayson. All of his books have
gotten a rating in-between 4 and 5 stars which is outstanding. Many of his
books have also received multiple awards. An example would be The Fault in
Our Stars, it gained the #1 spot on various bestsellers lists. As of
January 2013, there are nearly 1 million copies of the novel sold.
I love John Green's books. They are really detailed and inspiring. Nice post bff.
ReplyDeleteHey Claire Bear! I love John Green too. I've only read one of his books (The Fault in Our Stars). He's a great writer that's interesting and always leaves you at the end of your chair
ReplyDeleteThis author as well as his books look very interesting.
ReplyDelete