Tuesday, January 28, 2014



Claire Elise Murray
Honors English
Ashley Bowman
1/28/14                                                    
                                                                  Calamity Day

            I have just finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and am now searching for a new book to read. The book ended with Hannah’s outreach to her counselor, he didn’t give her much advice and rather avoided the serious topic or suicide. It was at that moment that Hannah made up her mind on what she was going to do when she got home later that day. The tapes end with Hannah’s final words “thank you.” Then the book goes on to briefly describe how Clay feels going into school the next day and the suspicion of who has all heard the tapes Hannah left behind.


            So far in Romeo and Juliet I am enjoying the romantic factor that was recently discovered between Romeo and Juliet. I am also enjoying the risk that is being taken between the two because they know the consequences of their love.  Although, I am currently concerned about the harsh rivalry between the Capulets and Montagues and what will happen when they find out that Romeo and Juliet are in love. 

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am reading Romeo and Juliet, but I am not enjoying the romantic factor because I don't think that it's legit. It's not real stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete