12/16/13
Ashley Bowman
Claire Elise Murray Book Connections
“I
hope your ready, because I’m about to tell you the story of my life.
More specifically
why my life ended. And if you’re listening to these tapes,
you’re one of the
reasons why.” (Asher7)

Another connection I made
is text-to-text, or in this case text-to-movie. The movie Cyberbully featured
on ‘abc’ has many similarities to my book. Cyberbully is about a teenage
girl, about the same age as Hannah, that attempts to kill herself because of
her ‘friends’ turning against her and rumors that were being spread about her. Almost
the same exact thing happens in Thirteen Reasons Why. Hannah kills
herself due to friends turning on her, rumors being spread about her and just
life experiences. For example in Cyberbully, two of Taylor’s friends turn on
her and the same thing happened in Thirteen Reasons Why. Two of Hannah’s
friends; Alex and Courtney turn on her.
The last Connection
that I made was text-to-self. This book relates to me from past experiences. It’s
not that I have tried to kill myself or anything, although there have been
tough times; I am mostly relating this to me from the look of cause and effect.
For example- Hannah based her decision and life on what others said and did;
the effect was her ending her life over those factors. In my life, I tend to care
too much what others think about me, that’s how I base decisions a lot. So I
feel like Hannah and I have many similarities.
Omg. I just watched the movie and it was amazing. It made me learn a lot of things. I hope the book is like the movie. I hope you enjoy it but very well blog post. Good luck!
ReplyDelete