"I'm in love with you," he said quietly. "Augustus," I said. "I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling "I'm in love with you, and i'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.." (Green 153)
I believe that the central idea of The Fault in Our Stars is love. Hazel and Augustus have a strong and abundant love for each other that grows with time and throughout the book gets stronger. When Augustus and Hazel first meet, they automatically 'click.' They start talking and grow a better relationship. They both start sharing their favorites including Hazel's favorite book An Imperial Affliction and Augustus's favorite movie V for Vendetta. When times get tough they stick together and their love for each other only gets stronger. Towards the end of the book Augustus tragically dies and Hazel realizes how much she actually loved and cared about Augustus.
The Fault in Our Stars. It talks about many key parts/details in the story.
The article also goes into more detail about cancer, who it affects and some
cancer statistics.
Great first post Claire! I love the quote you chose!
ReplyDeleteI have heard about people reading this book before and was intrigued by the title of it, but never knew actually what it was about. I liked your summery of the events and was interested to hear what its main idea was.
ReplyDelete